Sunday, April 3, 2011

This week and next...



Last sunday, I painted nails, played blokus, lost at blokus, and had a yawning war with Nanna. 
It was good silly fun! :)

Saturday day, I took my sisters dog Jake for a hike. We were only on the trail about 1/2 a mile when he stopped dead still and wouldn't go further. Jake was fixated on a spot just to the left of the trail about 20 yards ahead. I thought to myself, I brought this dog for a reason. If he can see, smell, or hear something I can't... I probably don't want to see, smell or hear it. We ran back down, and did some walking/running on the road leading up to the trail.

On the way home I passed the Peppermint Place in Alpine. I went in for a look see and found all these fabulously cute creations... 25 cents each!! :D
And Fruit loop sunday (otherwise known as general conference sunday) commences! 
Hope works on some stitching.

Puzzles our a tradition on General conference sundays. Also note the big bag of fruit loops.
I'm really not sure how that tradition got started.

Emma is a good helper. Took turns napping on both of the puzzles.

Faith has candy, fruit loops, a puzzle, and a smile. I love her!

I had a rare sweet moment with my baby Ellie... it was just a moment. She spazzed out and took off on me. 

See. She is a really good helper. She solves through osmosis.

Someone played with my camera...


We were going to have a little quiet dinner. Just us four girls and mom and dad. And then we heard the family was coming. 6 people turned into 17. And it was awesome!!

Lexi, Dan, Hope, and Dad

Uncle Jeff and my dear Aunt Karen. Ben and his lady Jess.

Holly brought a treat from her visiting teacher to share with us. Cute yeah?

Great week. Great family. Great conference.

Coming up... all the aunts and uncles are here to help us move from grandparents house of 50 years, to a new one they were forced to build by imminent domain. (blech. argh!)

Can anybody say too many chiefs, not enough indians?
I am excited to see how it goes. I'll try to keep up more than just one post a week! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Fruit Loop Sunday started when I was trying to get you bedlamites to listen to conference. I had some fun BINGO cards with conference words and pictures. We needed markers for them and Fruit Loops are much more fun than paper so a tradition was born.

    As you kids got older and started doing other quiet things during conference, like puzzles and stitching, the BINGO cards got left behind but not the Fruit Loops. I can stand to buy that junk cereal twice a year for snacking.

    What a great day we had! What a great week we'll have! And oh, the memories we'll make. ;o)

    ReplyDelete