Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm an Auntie!!!

Though I crave the image of a little Niece of Nephew around. And taking them out on ice cream and duck pond outings and spoiling them silly, Holly and Mitch are loving their life just the way it is. But, as thoughtful as they are, they have to beautiful puppies. Jake and Cezar are our nephews for now. And I enacted my rights. I took Jake on a hike. Spoiled him a little. And maybe he saved my life. I'm not sure.

We went to a beautiful hike in Alpine. I think it's called Horsetail falls. Or Horseshoe. I'm not sure. I've done it before and it's beautiful. We started up the steep trail and we were both doing great. Not even a 1/2 mile up, there was snow across the trail. Not new snow, but it was a little slick. We persisted. Jake was doing great and loving all the smells. We made it just past 1/2 a mile, when Jake stopped. He was dead still and wouldn't budge forward. Holly warned me that he may get tired, but this was different. He was fixated on a spot up the trail about 20 yards and just of to the left. I tried to get him to keep going and he dug his feet in. I tried to coax him forward again, and he bore his teeth. 
It's at that point where I thought to myself, I brought this companion for a reason and if he can see, smell or hear something I can't. And if it makes him stop still and not move like that. I wasn't real interested in continuing. :)
We headed back down, and then we eventually ran to the bottom. (that was my choice, it works your lazy muscles better)

I wasn't done though. I made that poor pooch keep it up. We went about a mile and a half in a loop on the roads leading up to the trail base. Jake was so tired when we finished. He lay down in the car the whole ride home. I returned him safe and sound to his mommy. And he's already recovered. I'm the one that can't move normal. ;)

Here is a short collage of our adventure that Holly put together for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment