Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Joking right?

Maybe I'm overly cynical, but there seems to be a lot of little things today that are just pissing me off! I went to take my geography test after school today. We were given a week to take it, as I missed school all last week, I prepared to take it today. I go to the testing center, it's the first test I'm taking there for a class. And when I go to check in, they inform me that it will cost $3 to take the test. Seriously?! Maybe if I were taking the test after the dates we were given this would make sense. But no. It seems if you take it within the last 3 given days, you have to pay $3 to take the assigned test. #?! I don't have $3. I had to borrow from a friend to take the test. I was upset.
The test, consisted of all the European countries, their capitols and major landmarks. And then 20 questions on Europe. 160 questions in all. It was so poorly written. I am so irritated at the teacher. On a crowded, poorly defined map she had 150 numbers and we had to go by tens matching countries, and then capitols. On the capitols map, it was the exact one used for the countries but she had written in a 1 infront of each number putting it in the hundreds. I could barely find the numbers, and it was a guess as to what they were actually assigned to.
I came home and ate some food and then took a nap, or three. I can't seem to focus my thoughts to be productive. I just popped upstairs to get some fruit. The only thing we have that isn't soft, squishy and probably 'expired' is banana's, and I'm so bananed out I feel like a monkey!
I got a piece of mail today. 'to Abby Taylor or the parents of' It seems it's time to apply for federal money for the 2011-2012 school year. Aren't we like 14 trillion dollars in debt?! Where are they getting money to give to students? I'll tell you. They are stealing it in the form of taxes and 'redistributing' the wealth to a much smaller body of individuals. Putting them in debt and under control of those 'funding' their education. No thanks I don't want to stolen realocated goods.
It's a day like this when you just want to sit with your best friend, don't need to talk about it, and just not be alone. My best friend is in Las Vegas wishing I was there. I'm here wishing she was here. My closest friend here, is also the boy I like. And he is so stubborn about drawing a line that I already know is there, that he won't be there for me because it might 'give me the wrong impression'. #?! I just need a friend. Instead I go to my basement after short conversations with my lovely (sincerely said) Grandparents and whine to the internet void.
I am so looking forward to May. Portland Oregon. Best friend for my roommate again. And control over my income. Which will be greatly increased. Please please May, come faster!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry deary. Some days do suck. I'm ready for February to be over. Hopefully March will be better. I do love the sunshine. I do love you.

    ReplyDelete