Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Drowning...

Ok. I'll submit that I'm not drowning, yet. I'm treading, and I'm getting tired of treading, but my head is still above water. Figuratively of course. I'm poor. I have $2.10 to my name. I just made my payment on the loan I got for school. And I've been granted an extension on my car payments. I am -$63 something in the bank because the two bills I though went through mid Jan, didn't actually until the end of January. I thought I had $34 in the bank (that I just deposited Saturday) for gas this week. False. I am grateful for the standards that I was raised with, because if I didn't certain health habits ingrained in me, I'd probably be drinking alcohol or something to help ease the stress.

And for all that, I am grateful. I have a roof over my head. Food in the fridge, albeit expired tortillas and cheese for every meal. And the end is in sight. Work hours are coming with the warmer weather, and in May I leave for Portland Oregon to sell pest control again. It's a day to day effort to keep my chin up and even more so to keep smiling. But I can see the end, and I am grateful to hit so low now while I am young and only responsible for myself. I pray that it will never be this dire again. And I will do everything possible to make sure it doesn't!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Grandpa has work to start sorting and boxing up the books. I am going to work Sat. morn and next Monday doing that. So you can get some hours with this to help with the funds. What do ya say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I started today. 3 hours and I barely cleared a shelf. Our problem now is finding boxes, and a place to put the boxes, cause the living room is stacking up fast.

    ReplyDelete