Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I just finished writing an autobiographical essay for my English class. Subject being a life changing moment we've had. For the record I begrudge and will forever hold this assignment against the UVU English Department. They do not deserve to know this. For making me choose between faking emotion with a menial moment and over dramatizing it to fit their criteria or being honest with myself about that 'life changing' moment and telling a story they will never earn the right to know. I resent this. I wrote the paper. It may not match all of the criteria. It may not fit the way they want to read it. But I can not tell that story any other way. This moment in my life deserves nothing less then my best effort and honesty. I do not forgive you, UVU, for making me choose to sacrifice a letter grade to be honest with myself.

Someday I may post the essay on here. Probably not for a long time. In the meanwhile, I vow to do my best to be honest. Nothing barred that deserves your reading efforts and that I am comfortable divulging to my unknown readers. Have faith in me. It's a bumpy road we're all on. And my potholes are abnormally wide and deep these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment