Friday, February 4, 2011

Eat Ice Cream, Save a Baby

My very dear friends Royal and Jenn Petersen rushed their 7 week old son, Ezekiel John Petersen, to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City. He has been diagnosed with RSV and 2 coarctations of the aorta. He is a sick little baby. :(  For the full detail of his condition and to make donations please visit his Pledge site. http://pledgie.com/campaigns/14534 
I love this family. With my whole heart. In wracking my brain for ways to help, we've tapped the power of mass social networking. I have opened an event on Facebook, Eat Ice Cream, Save a Baby. I met Royal Petersen when he hired me to work at his store. Sub Zero Ice Cream at the Provo Town Center Mall. He has been my boss, my mentor, my friend, and is like a big brother. I've been privileged to develop a friendship with Jenn, and she is not just a friend but a role model. These are wonderful people. 
I understand times are tough and I don't ask you to donate to strangers just cause I think they deserve your help. So eat some ice cream. You still get the benefit but it helps to support the Petersen's in this tough time.
Monday nights will be dedicated to Zeke from here on out. Bring your family, bring friends, bring ward groups. If you aren't in the area, spread the word. 
I am already amazed at what people are willing to do for a stranger and it's a blessing to see charity around us at this time. I hope to see you all there! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment