Friday, February 18, 2011

Second Chances

Tonight I just want to write a quick blip about second chances. I am so grateful that the Lord knows who we need in our life and when we need them.

I remember in Jr. High when Melissa Jones was the new girl in my geography class. I don't think I ever spoke a word to her. She already had friends, and we were in two completely different crowds. I've known of her for at least 5 years, but I've just recently had the chance to get to know her. :)

I posted on Facebook in september that we had a job opening at Sub Zero (the ice cream store I work at). She was the only person who actually messaged me a response, and she got quick interview and the job.

I love Melissa!! We get along so easy and we always have a great time. Work is hardly work when we are together, it is just fun. Melissa is one of the sweetest, kindest, friendliest, shortest girls I know. She has been a loyal confidant and a wonderful listener when I just need vent.

I worked with my little white mexican friend tonight. (Melissa) :) And it was the best. We fumbled, sassed, and giggled our way through the night. And for the first time in a couple of weeks I was able to let go and forget all my stresses for a few hours. I am so very grateful that I got a second chance to get to know Melissa, and that she is such a great person! I love her!!

2 comments:

  1. high school and it's stupid cliques. I'm so glad you are friends!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, second chances are a wonderful thing in this life. Sometimes we get them, sometimes we don't.

    ReplyDelete