Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My name is Abby Taylor. I love freedom! I believe in the Constitution of the United States of America! I believe that there is a proper role of government, and it is being quickly forgotten. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I am 19 years old. I make no claim to eloquent words or adequate writing. I am no great debater, and I tend to get passionate too quickly as opposed to gentle persuasion. I do not need to be right. I am looking for the truth. I will search and grow, sweat and toil, teach and be taught, laugh and maybe cry. Here is where I'll keep record of such. This is where it starts; words on paper. Where it ends, I reckon we'll see.

I am a native of Utah, born and raised. I am blessed with a wonderful family. I lived in Virginia as a nanny. I lived in California selling pest control. I've come home to Utah to begin my college education at Utah Valley University.

Tidbits about me; when I was growing up we had chickens and I hated them. Now I'd love to have some. To take care of, for the eggs, to eat, and eventually for my kids most of all, (mom you were right) they build character! My Grandpa is a green thumb farmer. Farm Grant is how he's called, and people love him. I've had the privilege of working for him through the years and learned much each season. We tease him about the work and seemingly rare payoff, but I find myself falling in love with the earth. Meanwhile, I am also having a "love affair" with the color orange. It makes my heart smile. I have a terrible fear of snakes. Incapacitating really. I love to read. And my latest hobby is challenging myself with new activities outdoors; shooting, hiking, and even some hunting.

This blog is so I have somewhere to put out all my thoughts about freedom, liberty, government, agency and accountability, gospel, people, etc... Though I am a growing individual and that may lead to few, if not many, excerpt of my life not limited to those topics.

I'd like to hear what all of you are thinking, and any questions you may have for me. Debates are always welcome and difference of opinion is healthy. Just remember, no one is making you read this, and instead of attacking me if you don't like it, you can just close your browser. :) Fair enough?

1 comment:

  1. That's my girl! I especially love the comment about the chickens. Will look forward to your blog. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete