Monday, April 25, 2011

The Long Farewell

And so it begins. My last 6 days in Utah. For a little while.
Last night my dear friend Landon came over. We watched a movie and talked late.
There's potential there. And then there's really bad timing.
I determined not to have any distractions this summer.
I will come home end of August, work through Pumpkinland, (possibly the last year), I am taking my mommy on a trip. I want to deer hunt again, among other 'fowl' creatures.  
And most importantly, I am going to work towards putting my papers in for a missions.
:)

This morning I slept in way too late, I went to work with Holly for a couple hours. I love planting!
Holly shared her first 3 tomatoes of the year with Susie and me. Yum! Makes me so excited for summer.

I went and got my fingernails done. I had more hours on my last check than I expected so I splurged. Just white tips, cut short, with a thin line of green at the base. 
I stopped at the pet store for a look see, and held a momma rat. She was super friendly and curious.
I am actually sincerely considering getting a rat for my next pet. Short life expectancy, loyal, trainable, curious, and friendly. Cheap. Sounds good to me.
Then I stopped at the grocery store and bought a jar of pickles. Actually, I paid 7 cents tax for a jar of pickles. I'd won a free jar on the radio last week and went to collect. Silly government. I win a prize and they get to tax me for that privilege? Silly silly.

Today is a great day so far. Hopefully I'll do something fun tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment